The 2016 WPTDeepStacks-Immokalee kicked off September 2 and concluded September 11 at the Seminole Casino Hotel. In those 10 days, a total of six new champions were crowned.
Marking the second consecutive year to host the WPTDeepStacks, this year’s series headliner — the $1,100 buy-in, $200,000 guaranteed Main Event — drew a stout field of 257 entries generating a $249,290 prize pool. It was Nathan Papp who claimed the victory along with a $5,250 seat in the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open and the WPTDeepStacks Series Champion points title.
Here’s a look at each of the six primary event winners:
- Event 1 ($350 No Limit Hold’em): Lisa Teebagy defeated 158 entries for $10,500
- Event 2 ($250 Pot Limit Omaha): Cliff Smith defeated 34 entries for $2,856
- Event 3 ($150 Seniors): Suzanne McCarthy defeated 112 entries for $3,790
- Event 4 ($125 Deep Stack): Jung Eun Flach defeated 49 entries for $1,025
- Event 5 ($150 Green Chip Bounty): William Rodriguez defeated 71 entries for $2,485
- Main Event ($1,100 No Limit Hold’em): Nathan Papp defeated 257 entries for $68,959
Next up for the Seminole Casino Hotel is the Seminole Immokalee Poker Challenge February 21-26, 2017. That series again will be headlined by a $1,650 buy-in, $200,000 guaranteed Main Event.